Will you become a Volunteer Consultation Hour at Refugee Under the Roof?
Scan me or visit www.volunteer.deedmob.com/o/Vluchteling-Onder-Dak/opportunities/Will-you-become-a-Volunteer-Consultation-Hour-at-Refugee-Under-the-Roof/56037 to join
SummaryAre you action-oriented, good at communication and making contact? Do you enjoy helping refugees with practical help questions? Then we are looking for you
Who are we?
Refugee Under the Roof (VOD) stands up for the interests of refugees whose first request for asylum has been rejected. The Dutch government no longer offers them shelter and support is discontinued. Every year thousands of asylum seekers are thrown out on the street. Often ill and traumatized, without facilities, while it often turns out that they can still qualify for a residence permit. VOD is making a strong case for these refugees in Wageningen and the surrounding area, with a large number of volunteers.
What do you do as a volunteer Consultation hour / practical support?
Refugee Under the Roof has weekly consultation hours for refugees who have exhausted all legal remedies in Wageningen and the surrounding area. As a volunteer you participate in consultation hours and help refugees with practical questions.
In concrete terms, this may concern:
– calling authorities, mediating, scheduling appointments.
– accompany clients to their appointments, eg to a doctor, clothing, food bank, language lesson, cycling lesson.
– Enthusing clients to participate in the various activities.
– be part of a car pool to take clients to appointments, or help with occasional relocations.
We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to work for refugees, undocumented migrants and Refugee Under the Roof;
- Is social and can listen well;
- Is practical and not afraid to pick up the phone;
- A minimum of 2 to 4 hours per week is available.
- An interesting work experience and enrichment of your CV and life;
- A small, close and motivated team of volunteers;
- Pleasant, open working environment with plenty of room for your own input;
- A volunteer contract, insurance and expense allowance.
Got excited? We would like to hear from you!