Project leader Swim to Fight Cancer The Hague
Scan me or visit www.volunteer.deedmob.com/o/Fight-cancer/opportunities/Project-leader-Swim-to-Fight-Cancer-The-Hague/72137 to join
SummaryFight Cancer is looking for a local project leader in The Hague to continue the fundraising event Swim to Fight Cancer. Someone who is the driving
Project leader for fundraising swimming event in The Hague - paid temporary assignment
Fight Cancer is looking for a local project leader in The Hague to continue the fundraising event Swim to Fight Cancer. Someone who wants to be the driving force behind an energetic team.
The event takes place in a local setting where participants and teams collect as many donations as possible for Fight Cancer, a foundation that raises funds for scientific cancer research and prevention through KWF Kankerbestrijding.
We hope to organize Swim to Fight Cancer for the 2nd time in The Hague. The first edition was very successful in 2019, with hundreds of people swimming and almost 3 tonnes raised. We are now looking for a new Project Manager to take over!
For an impression of the swim event, you can watch the aftermovie of Swim to Fight Cancer The Hague from 2019 here .
No experience organizing events? No problem! There is experience from Fight Cancer to provide guidance in this and of course we also have a blueprint.
Do you want to realize this project with driven people and create something that really matters? Do you want to offer people dealing with cancer a platform to transform their powerlessness into strength? Would you like to experience how connection and solidarity can be the driving force of an event? Then we are looking for you! With your enthusiasm, drive and commitment you give something valuable back to society; you support all cancer patients who deal with this disease on a daily basis. In addition, you will also receive compensation for this role that is appropriate for this charity.
What are your responsibilities:
- Management and formation of core team
- Point of contact for the project manager of Fight cancer
- First (rough) budget in collaboration with treasurer and keeping track of finances
- Deployment of network for sponsorship/business teams
- Discussions with stakeholders and partners (such as municipality/permit, logistics, safety) in collaboration with board member and/or the relevant coordinator
- Actively involving the mayor and relevant councilors (possibly participating in an event, giving the starting signal, etc.)
- Point of contact for core team members regarding a number of pillars
- Monitor recruitment of participants in collaboration with the core team
- Ultimately responsible for the entire process
- Ultimately responsible for the script
- Event manager during the day
- Inventory and share agenda items for core team members
- Responsible for use and management of Microsoft Teams
What do you add:
- You have a network in The Hague.
- You are able to work with different people with different skills and backgrounds, and know how to use this to form a golden team.
- You oversee the whole, and at the same time see in detail what needs to be done to create a safe and successful event.
- You dare to speak to people about their responsibilities and intervene when things do not go as planned.
- You have a goodwill factor and enjoy using your network, knowledge and expertise for a higher common goal that affects everyone.
- You are motivated to work with a dream team to activate as many participants and business teams as possible for a Fight Cancer event and thus raise money for cancer research and prevention.
What do we offer:
- A charity compensation based on a graduated scale related to the result.
- Lots of infectious passion and drive.
- A platform to showcase your social involvement. Very valuable, and cannot be expressed in money.
- All facilities to maximize your efforts.
- A listening ear for all your phenomenal ideas and actions.
- An unforgettable experience, also unique for experienced project leaders!
- The opportunity to contribute something meaningful to more cancer research.
- The perfect challenge to combine, because you determine the hours yourself!
Together we can ensure that cancer no longer has to be a fatal disease in the future.
Love life. Fight cancer.
Do not write a long letter or extensive CV! Just send an email with your drive to do this to email@example.com or 020 664 3639 . We hope to find a suitable candidate this year, so that you can come and watch a Swim!