Administrative employee animal care
Scan me or visit www.volunteer.deedmob.com/o/Dierenambulance-DAN/opportunities/Administrative-employee-animal-care/56167 to join
SummaryAre you administratively skilled and would you like to create an overview of the number of (treated/deceased/released) animals in the wildlife sanctuary in Nijmegen?
In 2021 we cared for 3500 animals in the shelter. At the end of each year, we must report to the county, which administers our permit, and the annual report.
Animal care administration is therefore essential for the survival of the shelter.
The number of hours you work depends on the season. In the winter months there are only a handful of animals in the shelter and you can do the administration with an hour a week, apart from the annual report, which is due in December and January.
In the summer more than a hundred animals a week come in and the pile of work is much larger. Stress resistance and asking for help on time are very important.
As an administrative assistant you are outside the daily business of animal care, but it is important to know a little about how animal care works. Administration can therefore be perfectly combined with work in animal care.
The weekly activities we expect from you:
- Collect animal forms and keep them organized
- Export supplied Falcon data to Excel
- Fill in the data of the animals on the basis of the collected animal forms in Excel
- At the end of the year, calculate with Excel how long animals have been in the shelter and put data on the number of animals in graphs. Calculate percentages of released animals.
What we ask of you:
- Proficiency with Excel and statistics
- Independence and being able to ask for help
- Stress resistance
For questions about the content of the position, you can email to: email@example.com